Friday, April 18, 2008

Flix Friday The Silent Film!!

Today in the Friday Flix is the long awaited Silent Film, The Big Surprise. This film stars Jade and Rob as well as Kat and Jackson with a special appearance by myself.
I had initially anticipated that I would not only film and direct it, but I would score it myself. However, teaching myself piano and then learning how to play ragtime was taking forever; so this flix features tunes by The Original Dixieland Band,Jelly Roll Morton,The New Orleans Jazz Band, and also clips from the music of Bob Dylan and the Smashing Pumpkins. I hope you enjoy this, and check back in three weeks for the next Friday Flix.

2 comments:

jade said...

i LOVE IT! i think it looks so cool in black and white and the costumes are awesome! the music fits together great, there was one part that it seemed like it cut out, but it might have been my computer. (the part where it switches to when you are walking by rob in the glendale park..)
but besides that- way to go bob! you are such a film maker.

Rob said...

Oh my god. Brilliantly done. And I'm not just saying that because I'm in it - this is really, REALLY good. It came out so much better than I first envisioned - you did a great job at creating the perfect look, and the scoring is amazing as well.