Thursday, July 17, 2008

Highlights Submission pt2: The Great Equalizer


Rejected, The Adventure of Nupa and Pupa was by Highlights. I put the verb first because if you are anything like me you would have just scanned for the outcome anyway. The reason for the rejection is that they apparently don't need stores about daring wing-coat rescues at this time.
I attached the rejection letter because it's not exactly what I expect from a letter of this sort; several times they degrade themselves but they also use the word rejection/rejected. It feels ultimately like they're worried about people killing themselves upon receiving the notice.
I remain undeterred however and am preparing to send the story off to several other children's publications. More on that to come.

1 comment:

jade said...

I love stories about daring wing savers. I could use one everyday.