Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Table Improv

Friday, after the cancellation of Devil Blues, I was cast in The Table Improv, a weekly web series based around a table in these guys Adam and Robert's apartment. The concept is awesome, each Friday Night they cast two to ten people and together the group creates a plot line for the show and map out various running gags that will be inserted throughout the shoot. Once complete, the episode is shot and then throughout the week Adam edits it together. The idea is awesome and I do plan on piggybacking on it as soon as I get my new camera.
In our episode, Adam has created a pyramid scheme-esk cult and myself and two girls show up for no specific reason only to find he wants to induct us. Though I didn't get anyone's full name, the girls were very talented at improv. There were some rough spots in the evening as many of our ideas took non-existent props and people began to cling to ideas instead of moving with the group, myself included, but all in all it was a fun group of people which makes improv fun. The best part of the evening was during the brainstorming portion when we as a group got past polite laughs so I knew right away which ideas were good and which I should never attempt again, which is often hard to do in a group of people, especially a group where people think they're funny.
The sketch should be available on The Table Improv's myspace page in a few weeks. I'll post an update when I get a final publishing date.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Bob! I was one of those girls at the Table Improv shoot that July evening. I suddenly got curious to see whether those dudes could put together a sketch out of the footage they shot. Have you found their myspace page? I can't seem to locate it... but then again I am not as myspace savy as some. Let me know if you have seen the short. Also let me know if you are in any shows right now. I'll support that.
Karen
kbaughn@oxy.edu