Friday, August 15, 2008

Casting: The Star Spangled Girl

I have been cast as either a second lead or understudy, depending on the time of day you ask the director, in Neil Simon's Star Spangled Girl for the part of Norman. As far as end result, the dates I will be performing are in flux, but the theatre is the Luna Playhouse in Glendale. I have been holding off on announcing this after the Ground Up Theatre debacle, but now I'm fairly certain this will stick. The play is a chronicle of love set in 1967 San Francisco, where two young upstarts running an American Protest magazine are intruded upon by a beautiful menace, depending on which character you ask. It's a three person play, so I am a lead, and will be getting paid!
So far, we've had a few readings and gotten lightly onto our feet, but there is plenty more to come. The cast is really diverse, and excited to work on this show, which is really all I can ever hope for!
I'll try and get some cast photos online after next week's set of rehearsals.

No comments: