Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Star-Spangled Girl Closing at the Lounge

This past weekend was the closing weekend of The Star-Spangled Girl at the Lounge Theatre in Hollywood.  I've been putting off writing this because it felt like an imperfect PB&J sandwich, too much peanut butter, not enough jam, who knows it just wasn't perfect in my mouth.
Both Friday and Saturday had good crowds.  On Friday I tried some new ideas to improve moments that Jade and Meagan had said needed improvement.  It's difficult for me to try new things with an audience because I really want to get laughs from them and when things flop it's harder for me to step back and see what might have worked about the moment.  The audience however on Friday seemed to really like the show.
Most everyone I know came to see the show on Saturday, and, though the show wasn't great, the reviews from my friends were better than last week and they said I had improved in the places which I had tried to work on the night before.
Sunday no one came, ugh.
There is a chance the show will continue at Luna Playhouse in Glendale, but I don't know any of the details.
Anyway, it's over, and though it might be a bit late, the pictures here are of the set.  Thank You to everyone who came.

No comments: