Friday, December 12, 2008

A Christmas Carol

All week long I have been in rehearsals for my part(s) in the Open Window's production of A Christmas Carol. I've got to be honest, when I first read the script, I was excited that I was asked to join, but I was a little hesitant to trust the words. I spent the week creating characters that overcame the language and were, I think, show stealers, but on the whole, I thought of the script more as a suggestion; which I'm sure was slightly nerve wracking to the director.
However, the last run through I had before next weeks show was attended by Jade. I, of course, hoped to hear raucous laughter and to be, several times throughout, distracted by my own brilliance and hilarity being so thoroughly engrossing and entertaining to my audience. (I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt, I wholeheartedly mean every word in the last sentence.) However, there were only chuckles.
As it turns out, Jade did like the show. But most of all, she liked the script. She had the unique vantage point to be able see it all in motion.
I've said it before here, that I trust Jade's opinion well above my own (most of the time), and after trying so hard through every rehearsal to overcome the script, I find myself excited to work through the script.
The show goes up in one week, and I have all that time to, I guess, learn my lines.
I can't wait to see what happens.

No comments: