Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Aftermath Wraps

Production wrapped today on the student short The Aftermath. I was there for the first shot and the last shot, and am exhausted. As for my part, there were parts where I felt the shoot was going really well, and part where I knew I was on a student's set.
To begin with, I wanted more time with the script before shooting. I've adapted my approach to acting and it is now more extensive and involved, but this process was hindered by the lack of a script. That stated, I now know more about cocaine use and treatment then I ever have, I have made contacts for drug rehab, and have researched a limited but broad amount of the stock market and hedge funds. This was one role where my Dad could have helped me tremendously, but unfortunately, he was out of the country for the entire process.
Preparation aside, the actor I played opposite of was so generous and present, I couldn't help but be honest. I really liked working on this film because of the actor playing Alan.
As for the production crew, the set was interesting because of the seemingly relaxed and improv feel, but underneath the director seemed to want a strict and organized set. There will probably by no continuity in the final product, but there was enough coverage from each angle that this could be minimal.
Alot of the time the actors, especially myself, joked around and added lines to each scene, it wasn't until the production reached the final scene that the director told us the film is based on a true event; albeit loosely.
Despite small production problems, I felt there was one area in which the film suffered tremendously. Unfortunately, as far as I know, the girls featured in the film have small parts. Each one of the girls showed alot of promise, and they were cute. It's always sad when I see people who have more talent then is being featured, hopefully they will go on to work much more in the near future.
As I find out more about the production wrap I will update, possibly even a cast list towards the premier.

No comments: