Monday, September 8, 2008

Devil Blues That's A Wrap

I just spent a weekend in the middle of the Newberry Springs Desert and I left with the promise of a finished film. This film has been a while in coming, there was a previous shoot date that got cancelled due to rain (in the desert) and then everyone's schedule pushed it back to this last weekend. Aside from any purely production related problems, this shoot was new, unique, and exciting. Being a smaller production on a remote location, there was so much realism that I could let my imagination relax a bit and just be. I realize the phrase 'just be' leans toward pretentious actor jargon, but for maybe the first time ever, I would be in the middle of the shot without seeing any of the production mechanics and just feel like the situation was real. Everyone on set was really helpful and intelligent; the other actor was strong and gave me so much to work with.
After last weeks fiasco with the game show pilot, this was a reassuring and promising. Everyone seemed very positive about what was being caught on tape, and I felt respected as an actor. There is only one shot that I think didn't work quite right, but I've learned that, though I might not "feel" it, it might look great on tape. I'm worried about details that might have been ignored becoming huge distractions in post, but this is a learning process; still it would be great to get mentioned for acting at a film festival.
I've talked to alot of people on set who brought a camera, and I should have some photos up by the end of the week.

No comments: