Monday, September 1, 2008

Shoot: "Hard to be Young" Mary Music Video

This past weekend, I was cast in and shot a Music Video for "Hard to be Young" by a russian singer named Mary (I don't know her last name). I will say that the idea of being in music videos again at first repulsed me, but this was actually a pretty great shoot. I arrived to set at seven and was wrapped and paid by eleven, so I can't really classify this as a typical music video.
I played a boyfriend who was fighting with my girlfriend who won't mary me because I'm poor and, we later find out, she's a money grubber. I plead and plead to my girlfriend and then Mary walks by and throws me a magical M, which turns into a diamond ring. I immediately receive a huge 'yes' to my pleading and then wink to Mary/Camera.
I doubt I will ever see this video as it is completely Russian, and I don't think I know any Americans that know Russian, but if anyone ever sees this video, call me to tell me.
The most interesting part of this video I would say is that all the direct creative people involved were Russian but all the crew spoke no Russian.

No comments: