Sunday, November 18, 2007

LARS and the Real Girl

I recently saw LARS and the Real Girl. Usually I wouldn't post a comment about a movie I saw about a week ago, but this movie reminded me what I first liked about film. The story itself is interesting and new, but the bigger impact this film had on me was the connection I felt for the characters. After seeing a few dozen other movies this year without any kind of feeling for the characters, this movie was like a breath of fresh air. Caring for the plight of the characters and feeling affected by their pitfalls and choices really moved me. I definatley recommend LARS and the Real Girl.

1 comment:

Pat R said...

the over all look and feel of Lars and the Real Girl reminded me a lot of Mozart and the Whale (Josh Hartnett plays a character resembling Ryan Gosling’s)... it's very much about acceptance and unconditional love as well