Friday, June 20, 2008

Open Mic: Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf recap

Last night I played this neat open mic in Encino, put on I believe by Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf in conjunction with Soapbox. This is a really different open mic because it is outside, it's organized by the host (so there is alot invested in it from all sides), and there are even refreshments. I was one of the last people to sign-up so I went on at the end. I played Untitled and then the audience said they wanted another upbeat song so I played Green Goblin, forgetting the lyrics again. I was also onstage in the middle of the night during something they called 'jambox' which is where people get onstage and sing/riff on a main theme, which was Smurfs. It was interesting? I'm scheduled to work every Thursday from now until the end of July, but I hope to make it back to play this open mic as soon as I can. No pictures this time, Jade wasn't there to take them.

No comments: